Hi lovies. It’s that time of year again – winter! And we all know how much of a toll these months can take on our skin. Here are some of the best winter skin prep steps to keep you feeling hydrated all year long. If you live in the tropics though, you can read more here on how to prep your skin for the summer!
1. Moisturize Immediately After Showering - Did you know that your skin needs more moisture in the colder months, especially right after you shower? Taking a lukewarm shower (not too hot or too cold) will seal the dampness in with a good moisturizer. Keep a bottle of your favorite right beside the shower and apply generously right after!
2. Choose the RIGHT Moisturizer - We all know the importance of moisturizing, but it’s also crucial to choose the right type for you.
3. Don’t Forget to Exfoliate! - Raise your hand if you don’t exfoliate as much as you should (we won't tell!). Many of us tend to forget this important step in the winter months, but it should remain in your routine year-round. Removing those dead skins cells to allow your moisturizer to be fully absorbed into the skin.
4. Switch Up Your Cleanser - Are you currently using a cleanser with a salicylic acid base? This ingredient is amazing for acne, but it can also be incredibly drying this time of year. Try opting for a more nourishing cleanser. Souffle Beauty has a great cleansing balm which helps remove dirt residue and lock in moisture.
5. Still Use SPF - Even if the sun's not out in the winter, applying a good sunscreen should always be kept as a part of your daily skincare regimen. Especially if you are from a tropical climate, the sun sticks around throughout every season. And remember – even if you can’t see it, it can still be damaging for your skin.
6. Stay Hydrated from the Inside - Last but least, remember to drink sufficient amounts of water! Even if it’s not incredibly hot, your skin needs that moisture from the inside too. Your skin will thank you – it’s the largest organ we have! By following these steps to prep your skin for winter, you will be able to keep soft, healthy skin all year-round.
Do you have another favorite winter skin-saving step? Let us know in the comments below.